- she is pretty much walking everywhere now, crawling is SO last month
- she still loves black beans, i think she could eat them at every meal
- she also loves cheese toast, nutri grain bars and yo baby yogurt
- she is sleeping like a champ during the day at school (three hour naps) but at home when mommy wants to take a nap she sleeps about 45 mins :) what are those girls putting in her bottle :)
- her hair is finally getting longer and it is getting curly in the back!! thank God i think she has her daddys hair!
- her birthday is in 19 days. i cant believe she has already been in my life this long, sometimes it feels like yesterday and sometimes it feels like she should be a teenager
- she will be getting dedicated to the church on March 30th. this is not the same thing as infant baptism. we believe that a person gets baptized AFTER they accept Christ as their personal savior and since you need to be old enough to know what that decision means you will be older when you are baptized. this is just mommy and daddy promising that they will raise her in the best Christian environment possible and hope that she will choose to follow Christ when she is old enough to make that decision. the following is what our church says about baptism:
Baptism is a way of showing others that you have entered into a relationship with Jesus Christ. It symbolizes what took place in your heart at the time of salvation: * Accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. * Shared in His death and resurrection, illustrated by going under the water (dead to your old life), then rising again (new life). * Were symbolically washed clean, and sins were forgiven by His death on the cross.
Because Jesus instructed us to be baptized, baptism is an act of obedience. While it is not necessary for salvation, it demonstrates submission to God. We immerse at Buckhead Church because we believe Scripture shows that Jesus modeled that for us as the way to publicly acknowledge our faith in Him.
Some denominations choose to christen infants. While we recognize the right of other churches to practice infant christening, we understand Scripture to teach that only professing believers qualify for baptism. Baptism does not make you a believer, rather it shows that you already believe.
- this is why i LOVE my church, every environment at Buckhead Church teaches our kids about God and the sacrifice that Christ made for them. Waumba Land (birth-4) teaches them that God made them, God loves them and Jesus wants to be their friend forever. UpStreet (K-5) teaches them that: 1. I need to make the WISE choice. 2. I can TRUST GOD no matter what. 3. I should treat OTHERS the way I want to be treated. KidStuf (K-5) reinforces what UpStreet teaches by engaging the parents bc KidStuf is where kids bring their parents to learn. Xtreme (middle school) and InSide Out (high school) create environments where middle/high school students can...* Prioritize their relationship with Christ * Influence their friends * Experience personal ministry. And last but not least for the "kids." College Ministry has a mission to lead students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Their desire is to see this fulfilled through students leading other students.
- so on to what the babe is doing: she is pointing at everything and nonono is still her favorite word right now. we do not have a 4th word yet
- she will hand us things when we ask for them, for example, "hand mommy the ball"
- she has her first diaper rash ever this week :( but not bad for 11 months old
- she wants to be with daddy all the time. even when i am around she wants daddy!! she gets so excited when he gets home at night. today he sneaked down the stairs and i knew he was here bc she starting smiling so BIG!!
- she has started drinking regular milk this month too. BUT she has this really bad habit of sipping a little bit and then spitting it out. by the end of her meal the entire bib is soaked with milk. YUCK!! i hope she out grows this habit soon, but i am not sure she will since she also does this with water and has for a while UGH!
- she is pretty much over baby food except for fruit and cereal, she doesnt really like the veggies anymore. i mean she will eat it but she wants to feed herself as much as she can